Don’t eat less but start eating right.
Everyone loves to eat. With every occasion and celebration, eating is part of it. Eating is part of our lives. We eat three meals a day – breakfast, lunch and dinner and who would forget about the snacks on the side. Things are okay until someone gets sick or you realize that you are on the wrong track. Now you think of diet or eating less. Eating less is not a good habit because it will just increase your cravings and may result with eating more than what you should.
Learning Low Carb diet
Low carb diet refrains sugary foods and starches like pasta or bread intake. Instead eating delicious real foods that has protein, natural fats and vegetables. For over 150 years and there are different testimonials about it. Scientific studies have proven that with other diets available, low carb diet remained consistent. It is also often referred as Low carb and high fat diet (LCHF).
First Five things to cut sugar and carbs
- All liquid sugar that is on a bottle or tetra packs – samples are soft drink, fruit juice, energy drink and the like.
- Sweets, confectionary, sugary treats – don’t believe with the marketing “made with real fruit juice”, it still has an artificial sweetener.
- Baking, cakes, biscuits, pastries – all definitely are high in sugar, wheat, carbs and bad fats.
- Cereals – particularly the wholegrain. The cereals that says highly processed, high in sugar and fortified is not good and may even cause low sugar crash during the latter part of the day.
- Sugar & Flour – Removing these 2 on your food plan will provide health, weight and nutrition progress. You are giving up food products not the food group.
Starting A Low Carb Diet
Beginning is the most difficult part. This is proven in every aspect of our lives and how hard it could get when we start reducing the food that we are used to munch every day. We have to be determined and decide that it is for the improvement of our health and for our love ones. We have to be motivated and we have to stick to the meal plan that we have. Improvement will be seen as we go along the journey. Below is a list of what to eat and avoid while doing the low carb diet process.
What To Eat:
- Meat–all kinds of beef, pork, chicken, lamb etc. Chicken skin or fat is fine to be eaten.
- Fish– all kinds particularly those that is high in Omega 3 – like salmon, mussels, tuna, sardines and etc.
- Vegetables– all kinds that grows above the ground. Leafy greens like spinach, silver beet, broccoli, cauliflower, etc.
- Cheese– choose the full fat varieties.
- Cream– all kinds – full fat, double, whipping.
- Full fat milk–refrain from all flavoured milks and large servings because it has more carbs.
- Nuts and seeds– terrific snacks yet need to be watchful not to overeat part specifically on cashews which has a higher carb content. A lot of nuts are high in omega 6 which is good for the health.
- Eggs– pick from free range if possible
- Fruit– perfect to eat the low carb, nutrient compressed berries such as blueberries, blackberries, etc.
- Fats– consume this kinds – butter, olive oil, coconut oil and lard.
What To Avoid:
- All liquid sugar drinks– high in carbs, which will not help with our diet.
- All cakes, biscuits, jams, sweets – high in carbs and sugar which develops more fat.
- Seed Oils likesunflower, canola, corn, grapes or margarines. They contain all high inflammatory omega 6.
- All cereals– High in carbs, known as “cereal killer”.
- Bread, pasta, potatoes, sugar etc. – no nutritional help for the body. Gives fiber yet the bottom line is it doesn’t make us healthy.
- Fruit– needs to be restricted because it contains high fructose. It is like candy. Better to increase veggie intake than fruit. Choose nutrient compressed, low carb fruits like berries. Fruit such as pineapple mango, and dried fruits should be prevented. Refrain ALL fruit juices. Theycontain high glycemic index, which will make your insulin spike (and start storing fat again).
- All wheat products– same as fruit contains high glycemic index which can raise your blood sugar and increase appetite.
- Grains– refrain from all grains including wheat, oats, barley, spelt and sorghum.
- Pasta – high in carbohydrates and relatively has no nutritional value.
- Stuffy vegetables–if you can indulge some carbs, pick highly coloured stuffy vegetables such as pumpkin, carrots, beetroot or sweet potato for their phytonutrients and vitamins.
- Rice –small amount of nutritional value. Mainly used to bulk out a meal. Better to substitute veggies for rice.
- Rice crackers – large amount of carbs and poor in nutritional value.
- Diet or low fat products– check the label and compare, sometimes it is better to get the regular ones because they have lower carb value.
Eating the right food or the real food is the best and natural weight loss. You don’t need to buy products or have an operation to improve your health. You eat what you need to be healthy. Refrain from taking bad or junk on your body. Every start is difficult. Learning about low and diet, asking trainers or friends who have this and simply acting on it. Start changing your food choices.
Making it a habit everyday lowers the difficulty until it is as easy as pie. Low-carb diet might be the answer to attain good health and enjoy the life that you want. Try it to know the result. Don’t be afraid to start and be consistent in what you do. Low carb diet has been there for so many years and a lot of people have been practicing to eat well. Nothing to worry because you just combine it with proper exercise. Removing food that cause harm to our body is what’s done with this, nothing else. Knowing the right food and eliminating the bad, exercise and good sleeping habits will lead to a better and healthier you.